Project Management Plan
Modell Charter School ERP Implementation
Natasha J. Reid
Professor Robert Forte
This following study was commissioned by the Modell Charter School to determine the feasibility of implementing a new Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system which will allow the school to run the Financial, HR and Payroll departments with efficiency. The new system implementation will aid the school’s management team to realign its business processes with its most current goals and mission. The selection of an Enterprise Resource Planning software would integrate these core functions and eradicate problems such as paying ...view middle of the document...
Through determining that their problems stem from ineffective use of technology the stakeholders have decided it is time to modernize technology. The school developed a technology master plan that will ensure a balanced policy reflecting all the school goals and better control over the technology spending within the school. Also an IT steering committee was appointed to aid in the selection of a software system that would integrate their current Financial, HR and Payroll systems. The selection of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software would integrate these core functions and eradicate problems such as paying employees who are no longer with the school. The school board approved $7.5 million to pay for the ERP systems and its implementation.
The Modell Charter School needs provide a seamless transition of the ERP software implementation which will integrate the Finance, HR and Payroll systems within a budget of $7.5 million. This will entail the following activities:
1) Successfully integrate the 3 functional areas (Finance, HR & Payroll) into the system
2) Monitor the software and identify any areas of malfunctions/inefficiencies
3) Creating operating procedures and manuals for each department
4) Provide training to all stakeholders/end users at Modell
5) Assist management in any capacity in the rollout of the ERP software to all departments
6) Manage budget for the ERP purchase and implementation
* Modell has a strong foundation in the educational arena
* The school does have a technology master plan that will ensure a balanced policy reflecting all the school goals and better control over the technology spending within the school
* The COO believes rapid change can be brought about by changing the core computer software systems that run the school
* Modell is currently using three core computer software systems to run the school with a problematic homegrown interface that has only gotten worse
* The school does not view the students, teachers, and parents as customers
* School management opted for a fixed-price contract for ERP implementation
* The ERP implementation will allow Modell to run the financial, HP and payroll departments with efficiency
* This project can be an opportunity to restructure the organization with a customer- and service-oriented approach to improve accountability and encourage enterprising employees to streamline their day-to-day processes through hands on training
* Although the budget may not allow for a customized ERP Modell still have the opportunity to streamline processes and continue the state of optimism of the new system throughout the organization
* The homegrown interface system went from bad to worse and may have compromised data. A true reading of all information will be needed and can be time consuming
* Modell’s budget for the ERP implementation may prove...