Roles and Responsibilities
Ethnic Minorities Training and Education Project
Teaching At EMTEP
* You must ensure that no person is discriminated in anyway
* Learners must have equal access and not discriminate against (age, gender, race, sex, learning difficulties and disabilities, harassment, religion,).
These are protected characteristics.
Inclusion / Diversity
Make sure the sessions are orientated towards the needs of the individuals or group.
Try to aim specific questions to individuals with empathy so that the individual can break the barrier of getting more involved in discussions.
Ensure interaction mixed group work from different backgrounds. Some have ...view middle of the document...
It is the responsibility of the teacher to keep up to date and EMTEP will facilitate and help towards meeting these needs.
Maintain memberships with institutions that are in the EMTEP code and conducts booklet.
Always follow EMTEPs code of conduct booklet and refer to any updates or changes that are made.
* Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
* Equality Act 2010
* Data Protection Act 1998
* The Children Act 1989 & 2004
* Protection of Children Act 1999
* United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child 1989
* Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006
* The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
* Disability Discrimination Act 1995 & 2005
* Special Educational Needs and Disability Act 2001
* Working Together to Safeguard Children 2006 updated 2010
* Human Rights Act 1998
* The Care Act 2014
* The Misuse of Drugs Act 1971
2.Planning and Design – This will involve Plan / Design of the training content that will be delivered. Create powerpoints, visual aids and feedback questionnaires. The planning and design needs to be done under the requirements of EMTEP.
3. Delivery / Facilitation – Training material that is based around EMTEP training and teaching...