QA-7 Test Review
1) What is quality?
* The degree to which a component, System or process meets specified requirements and/or user/customer needs and expectations. * Software Quality the totality of functionality and features of a software product that bear on its ability to satisfy stated or implied needs. |
2) What are STLC phases?
* Software Testing Life Cycle defines the steps/stages/phases in testing of software. However, there is no fixed standard of STLC in the world and it basically varies. |
* Requirements/Design Review | * Review the software requirements/design * Review Defect Reports |
* Test Planning | * Gather a general idea of what ...view middle of the document...
| * Ensure that the functionalities meet the intended behavior. |
* Verification takes place first and includes the checking for documentation, code etc. | * Validation occurs after verification and mainly involves the checking of the overall product. |
* Done by Developers | * Done by Testers |
* Have static activities as it includes the reviews, walkthroughs, and the inspections to verify that software is correct or not. | * Have dynamic activities as it includes executing the software against the requirements. |
* It is an objective process and no subjective decision should be needed to verify the Software. | * It is a subjective process and involves subjective decisions on how well the Software works. |
5) What is a Test Idea?
* Finding other methods of testing the values. A brief statement about test that could be performed. * Test Case * Test Scripts * Test Suite * Test scenario |
6) What are GUI Test Objects?
* Text Box | * Text field or text entry box is a kind of widget used when building a graphical user interface. Dependency- Does behaviors of this control depend on other controls? |
* Radio Button | * A Radio button or option button is a type of GUI element that allows the user to choose only one of a predefined set of options. |
* Check Box (tick box) | * A check box is a GUI element that permits the user to make a binary choice, exp. a choice between one of two possible mutually exclusive options. |
* List Box | * A List box allows the user to select one or more items from a list and is displayed either as multiple line text boxes clicking an item select it. |
* Combo Box (Drop down box) | * A Combo Box is an editable list box user can type as well as choose. Only one value is selected at a time. Apply all test ideas of edit box and list box. |
* Push Button (Button) | * A push button or simply button is a simple switch mechanism for controlling some aspect of a machine or process. 1. Click 2. Double click 3. Page validations on submission 4. Page cancellation 5. Page Saving 6. Page Submissions 7. Work flows 8. Help 9. Enabled/Disabled |
* HTML LINK | * HTML Link need to be checked for: 1. On a click on HTML link it needs to take the right destination. 2. HTML Link need to be given with an appropriate having convention. 3. It should not be a broken link. 4. Proper color needs to be displayed. |
* Image | * Image need to be checked for: 1. Image size 2. Image clarity 3. Color Combinations |
* Label | * Label needs to be checked for: 1. Font size 2. Font color 3. Font style 4. Relevant Name |
7) Name Testing & who performs them?
* FUNCTIONAL TESTING | * NON FUNCTIONAL TESTING |
* Unit Testing- Is performed by the developers before the setup is handed over to the testing team to formally execute the test cases. It’s performed by the respective...