Freshyl de Galicia Prof. Pagaduan
MBA Principles of Marketing
Viewpoint: CEO David Kennedy
Time Context: 2007
I. Statement of the Problem:
How will Revlon recover from its financial loss?
II. Statement of the Objectives:
a. To identify the most efficient way to market the products.
b. Improve the sales
III. Areas of Considerations
Strength Weakness Opportunities Threats
1. First international color cosmetics brand to be launched worldwide
2. Formed a collaboration with many firms which helped expand in India
3. Endorsed by popular artists in USA
4. Good quality products
5. A global brand name with association with many ...view middle of the document...
• Company rules and regulations will be reiterated and this will gain insights and suggestions from the employees.
• Each employee roles will be more highlighted as much as their task and workloads quotas.
• All employees in general will be able to deal the issues regarding insubordination. • Because everyone is trying to act like a supervisor, the superiors’ focus will be more on handling people to behave well. However, the focus on production will be lessen.
2. Develop and strictly implement the standard operating procedures (including the use of machines, the work flow, the target quantity, and the monitoring of quality control) as well as the company’s policies.
• When the SOP is developed and implemented, the production work will be aligned to standard processes which will result to product quality.
• When the SOP is developed and implemented, the proper use of machine will be maintained.
• When the SOP is developed and implemented, the target dates of delivery will be clearly estimated.
• When the company policies are strictly implemented, the unnecessary job behavior such as tardiness, fraternizing, and insubordination may be avoided. • The shop’s SOP and policies may lead the workers to think negative that may result to guts between management and workers.
3. Give incentives to the employees for the job well done
• The workers will be motivated to finish their work on time.
• The incentive program can reduce absenteeism and tardiness.
• The incentive...