Memorandum for Distribution
To: RI Security Officer
From: IT Consultant
Subject: Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
Greetings RI Security Officer,
Richman Investments expresses the acceptable and unacceptable use of the Internet and e-mail access. The following report will address the “Acceptable Use Policy” (AUP) standard at Richman Investments. All users of Richman Investments agree to and must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy (AUP). Richman Investments does not control or review the content of any Web site. However, Richman Investments may block or remove any materials that, in Richman Investments sole discretion, may be illegal, or which may violate this AUP. Richman Investments may cooperate with legal authorities and/or third parties in the investigation of any suspected or alleged crime or civil wrong. Violation of this AUP may result in the suspension or termination of either access to the Services and/or Richman Investments account or other actions as ...view middle of the document...
3. You may only access the Internet after you have been authorized to do so by your department manager in writing.
When using Richman Investments Internet access facilities you should comply with the following guidelines.
4. Do keep your use of the Internet to a minimum
5. Do check that any information you access on the Internet is accurate, complete and current.
6. Do check the validity of the information found.
7. Do respect the legal protections to data and software provided by copyright and licenses.
8. Do inform the I.T. Department immediately of any unusual occurrence.
9. Do not download text or images which contain material of a pornographic, racist or extreme political nature, or which incites violence, hatred or any illegal activity.
10. Do not download content from Internet sites unless it is work related.
11. Do not download software from the Internet and install it upon the Richman Investments computer equipment.
12. Do not use Richman Investments computers to make unauthorized entry into any other computer or network.
13. Do not disrupt or interfere with other computers or network users, services, or equipment. Intentional disruption of the operation of computer systems and networks is a crime under the Computer Misuse Act 1990.
14. Do not represent yourself as another person.
15. Do not use Internet access to transmit confidential, political, obscene, threatening, or harassing materials.
Please note the following
All activity on the Internet is monitored and logged.
All material viewed is scanned for viruses.
All the content viewed is scanned for offensive material.
If you are in any doubt about an issue affecting Internet Access you should consult the I.T. Department.
Any breach of Richman Investments Internet Acceptable Use Policy may lead to disciplinary action.
Any violations will be cause for immediate removal of special access rights and suspension of privileges. Again they will be dealt with by company executives and/or the authorities for further punitive action.
I sincerely hope this information and recommendations will be helpful in creating good control user and computer settings in your network. If there is anything else I can assist you on please don’t hesitate to call on me for future for assistance.
For Official Use Only