MGT501: Mgmt. and Org. Behavior
The purpose of the McGinty Moss assessment and the Denison Organizational Culture Survey is to get a better look at your specific organizational culture. These surveys provide a measure of an organization’s progress toward achieving a high-performance culture and optimal results. I believe that the results of this survey match the culture of my organization. evaluation of organizational culture is helpful in determining the competence or appeal of the culture within the organization opening up possibilities of improvement The McGinty/Moss test revealed the numbers with the most “true” answers were from numbers 11-15 These ...view middle of the document...
5. Departments or teams compete with each other for our organization's resources. True
6. When people are not getting along here, it's a long time before we directly address the issue. Ture
7. When it's time for me to learn a new skill, training is readily available at no cost to me. True
8. When the boss tells us to "jump!" we ask "how high?" False
9. It takes a long time for this organization to address customer concerns. False
10. Many employees expect to work at this organization for their whole careers. False
11. Senior management says the door is always open -- and they mean it. True
12. It is fun to work here. True
13. We have three or fewer layers of management. True
14. We have performance reviews less than once a year. True
15. Compensation and benefits are relatively low here False
The Majority of my True answers fell between questions 11-15
For questions 11-15:
If you had the most "True" responses in this set of questions, your company has an Urgent/Seat of the Pants culture.
• This culture type features a positive work environment, with tight bonds among employees.
• It is likely that an aspect of your organization's mission includes...