STR 581 Capstone Final Examination, Part One
1. Because practical considerations make job tryouts for all candidates infeasible, it is necessary to __________ the relative level of job performance for each candidate on the basis of available information.
2. Some studies indicate the best approach for transformational change may have the chief executive officer create an atmosphere for change
â€¢ but let others decide how to initiate change
â€¢ and begin establishing a vision
â€¢ but carefully set limits for the program
â€¢ and establish a reward system
3. Which of the following is a ...view middle of the document...
Active listening requires:
â€¢ summarizing all areas of the performance-interview feedback discussion.
â€¢ verbal communications only
â€¢ summarizing only the areas of agreement
â€¢ interruptions to get your point across
8. Which of the following is ISO 14000 primarily concerned with?
â€¢ Time management
â€¢ Quality management
â€¢ Environmental management
â€¢ Continuous improvement management
9. Training that results in ______ is costly because of the cost of training (which proved to be useless) and the cost of hampered performance.
â€¢ negative transfer of training
â€¢ applicability of training
â€¢ reinforcement of training
â€¢ simulation of training
Want more details? Download now STR 581 Entire Course
10. As a university student, your institutionâ€™s social principles and practices reflect on you, as a stakeholder, in the organization. Therefore, it is your right to question how these practices should be evaluated in relation to the social issues that the school is addressing. If your university provides job-share programs, builds a day-care facility, and only uses recycled paper, it could be said to be ________.
â€¢ fulfilling its social obligation
â€¢ socially image conscious
â€¢ socially responsive
â€¢ socially aware
11. According to the job characteristics model, autonomy is defined as the degree to which
â€¢ a job requires completion of a whole and identifiable piece of work
â€¢ a job has an impact on the lives or work of other people
â€¢ a job generates direct and clear information about performance
â€¢ a job provides the worker freedom, independence, and discretion
12. Which of the following is considered a major process flow structure?
â€¢ Lean Manufacturing
â€¢ Lead Time
To download the complete answer check STR 581 Week 1 Complete
13. An example of control criteria that can be used in any situation is ________.
â€¢ employee satisfaction
â€¢ average time to process paperwork
â€¢ client requests completed per hour
â€¢ number of calls taken per day
14. What can affirmative action assist organizations in achieving that diversity initiatives cannot?
â€¢ Maximizing creativity
â€¢ Maximizing workforce commitment
â€¢ Correcting specific problems of the past
â€¢ Increased productivity
15. Adoration of a charismatic leader by followers can lead to
â€¢ greater understanding of the company mission
â€¢ difficulty in developing a successor
â€¢ a competitive work environment
â€¢ limiting suggestions of fixes and improvements
Want to see the complete Individual Assignment Check..?? Click STR 581 Individual Assignment
16. Which of the following is considered an organizational blueprint, which prescribes the quantity...