Barney, J. B. (2007). Gaining and sustaining competitive advantage (3rd ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson-Prentice Hall.
Mintzberg, H., Ghoshal, S., Lampel, J., & Quinn, J. B. (2003). The strategy process: Concepts contexts cases (4th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson-Prentice Hall.
Pearce, J. A. & Robinson, R. B. (2007). Strategic management: Formulation, implementation, and control (10th ed.). Boston: McGraw-Hill/Irwin.
All electronic materials are available on your student Web site.
Weekly Point Values
Individual Assignment: Ethics Reflection Paper 8
Participation/Discussion Questions 4
Individual Assignment: ...view middle of the document...
• Where have you seen organizational mission, vision, and values statements that were misleading? How did that affect the organization?
3. Individual Assignment: Ethics Reflection Paper/ Due Monday, Day 7
• Resources: Ethics Awareness Inventory and Ethical Choices in the Workplace assessments
• Use the Ethics Awareness Inventory and Ethical Choices in the Workplace assessments to revisit your personal and professional values.
• Write a paper of no more than 1,050-words in which you do the following:
o Explain the role of ethics and social responsibility in developing a strategic plan, considering stakeholder needs.
o Explain how your ethical perspective has evolved throughout the program.
• Format your paper according to APA standards.
• Determine how to create value and sustained competitive advantage through strategy.
• Evaluate an organization’s internal and external environments using an environmental scan.
• Read Ch. 3 of Strategic Management.
• Read Ch. 5 of Strategic Management.
• Read Ch. 13 of Gaining and Sustaining Competitive Advantage.
• Read Ch. 14 of Gaining and Sustaining Competitive Advantage.
• Read Ch. 15 of Gaining and Sustaining Competitive Advantage.
• Read this week’s Electronic Reserve Readings.
2. Discussion Questions/ Due Thursday, Day 3
• Assessed: How would you determine if a strategy has created value and sustained competitive advantage for Kudler Fine Foods?
• How might an evaluation of an organization be beneficial? How might it be detrimental?
3. Individual Assignment: Environmental Scan and Summary /Due Monday, Day 7
The Executive Team at Kudler has expressed a desire to grow more rapidly and as a result Kudler must consider some alternative strategies.
• Resources: Kudler’s Fine Foods within the Virtual...