This country is unification of seven self-governing sheik ruled emirates: Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Dubai, Fujairah, Ras al-Khaimah, Sharjah and Umm Al-Qaiwain. UAE has always been a favorite tourist destination in the Middle East for both business and leisure travelers. In recent times tourism in UAE has got a boost due to development and proliferation of different modes of communication. For example the proliferation of airlines in recent times has made the UAE tours easier and convenient. Due to traditional Arab hospitality, crime free environment and highly developed infrastructure UAE has become a favorite for businessman who wants to organize international conferences. Leisure travelers choose ...view middle of the document...
UAE’s economy, particularly of Dubai, was badly hit by the financial crises of 2007-2010.
Petroleum and natural gas export play an important role in the economy, especially in Abu Dhabi. A massive construction boom, an expanding manufacturing base, and a thriving services sector are helping the UAE diversify its economy. Nationwide, there is currently $350 billion worth of active construction projects. Such projects include the Burj Khalifa, which is the world’s tallest building, Duabi World Central International Airport which, when completed, will be the most expensive airport ever built, and the three Palm Islands, the largest artificial islands in the world. Other projects include the Dubai Mall, which is the world’s largest shopping mall, and a man-made archipelago called The World, which seeks to increase Dubai’s rapidly growing tourism industry. Also in the entertainment sector is the construction of Dubailand, which is expected to be the twice the size of Disney World, and of Dubai Sports City which will not only provide homes for local sports teams but may be part of future Olympic bids.
There are lots of tourist spots across the United Arab Emirates like:
• One of the main attractions of the country is the Abu Dhabi Cultural Center. It has helped UAE tourism to grow for a long time. Considered as a landmark it holds workshop and cultural events through out the year.
• The Khor harbor has emerged as an important International trading center.
• The small towns of Khabla and Khorfakkan attract lots of tourists
• Al Quwain’s long clean beaches are favorite tourist sports in UAE. It is an enclosed lagoon as well as riding stable for public horses.
• Seneyah Island is another tourist spot that attracts the leisure travelers and especially wildlife lovers. It is a natural reserve for a large species of birds, deer and Al Qaram trees.
• The Worlds Largest aqua park dreamland is another tourist destination in UAE that attracts millions of people across the globe.
Apart from all these numerous shopping centers and a fascinating Night Life in the country has promoted tourism in UAE to great extent.
Tourism in Dubai is an important part of the Dubai government’s strategy to maintain the flow of foreign cash into the emirate. Dubai’s lure for tourists is based mainly on shopping, but also its possession of other ancient and modern attractions.
Dubai is the most populous emirate if the seven emirates of United Arab Emirates. It is distinct form other members of the UAE in that revenues from petroleum and natural gas account. A majority of the emirate’s revenues are from the Jebel Ali Free Zone and now, increasingly, from tourism.
Dubai has been called the ‘shopping capital of the Middle East”. The city draws large numbers of shopping tourists from countries within the region and from as far as Eastern Europe, Africa and the Indian Subcontinent. Dubai is known for its souk districts. Souk is the Arabic word for market or place where any...