"There Is Nobody Like Jesus"
1. H. G. Wells, the brilliant and noted historian, once listed the ten most famous and most important men of all of history, and he listed Jesus Christ as number one, now at first glance you might think that is marvelous. You might think that he did Jesus a favor.
2. Well I beg to differ, think it was an insult of the highest order. Because Jesus was not just a man among men, he was God among men. There is nobody like him. Never before was there one like him. Never since will there be one like him. Because there is nobody like Jesus.
3. Some anonymous author wrote this years ago: more than nineteen hundred ...view middle of the document...
All the armies that ever marched, all the navies that ever sailed, all the parliaments that ever sat, all the kings that ever reigned, put together, have not affected the life of man on this earth as much as that one solitary life.1
5. 1 want to say it again, there is nobody like Jesus. There never has been and there never will be. Jesus is different and Jesus is distinct because Jesus is divine, because Jesus is different, Christianity is different.
6. Get this down and get it plain. Christianity is not a philosophy, it is a person. You can have Islam without Mohammed. You can have Buddhism without Buddha. You can have Confucianism without Confucius. But you cannot have Christianity without Christ. Because Christianity is not just a religion, it is a relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.
7. Philip brooks, a great preacher of yesteryear, was once asked the question, "Is it necessary to have a personal experience with Christ to be a Christian?" The great New England preacher paused for a moment and then replied, "My friend, a personal experience with Christ is Christianity."
8. Christianity is not a code. Christianity is not a creed. Christianity is not a cause. Christianity is not even a church. Christianity is Christ himself.
9. There is one statement in the bible that forevermore sets Jesus apart and separate from anyone else who has ever lived. "Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the father except through me.'" (John 14:6) Listen carefully. He is the way. Without him there is no going. He is the truth. Without him there is no knowing. He is the life. Without him there is no growing. There is nobody like Jesus. The author of Hebrews tells us, in just a few short verses, what exactly makes Jesus so unique and so different.
I. His Supreme Power
You would expect that if Jesus Christ is indeed God, therefore there is nobody like him, then you would expect him to have unsurpassed, unequaled unparalleled power. He did indeed have power that no one else has ever possessed or used.
A. The Power of Creation
We read here that Jesus is God's son "Through whom also he made the worlds."(v. 2) Now do not miss the import nor the impact of that statement. The Christ of the New Testament is indeed the creator of the Old Testament!
Speaking of Christ, we read in Col. 1:16, "For by him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through him and for him." If it could be made any plainer john did so in his gospel. "All things were made through him, and without him nothing was made that were made. (John 1:3) in other words, if anything is here it is because Jesus created it. If he didn't create it then it's not here. Sometimes I’m afraid that we get the idea that it was only God the father who created this world.
A little boy said to his mother one time, "Mama, who...