* “Effects of computer usage to the academic performance of students” Chapter II REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE The scope of Computer effects derives a wide scope of related literature that is worth mentioning. In this regard, this literature review concerning the effects of computer usage...
* Poor Study Habits All too often, students perform poorly in school simply because they lack good study habits. In many cases, students don't know where to begin, don't fully understand the material, are not motivated by it, or feel that there was too much work given to them with too little time t...
Review of Related Literature and Studies
Investigations in any ...view middle of the document...
Effective methods of study consisted basically of those fundamental principles which underlaid efficiency. Doing one’s work regularly, staying at it until it was done and not getting behind in it should be the general guides for successful study as well as in any field of endeavor. It was assumed that the pupils had ability enough to cope successfully with the academic tasks. The success of the responses to the task depended in great measure to their efforts.
Reading is an attempt to absorb the thought of the author and know what the author is conveying (Leedy 1956). StudyiThe Effects of Modern Technology on the Study Habits of students
By Jon Ireland, eHow Contributor , last updated April 24, 2014
Jon Ireland started writing professionally in 2010 by doing freelance work at the BBC in London. He graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in business administration from the University of Kent before gaining a Master of Arts in European public policy from Kings College, London.
* The Internet allows students to access virtually all information that is publicly available from the comfort of their homes. They do not need to travel or even to go to a library. Books are scanned in to the Internet, museums have work available online, and college library sites offer online access to academic journals.
* Students can now gain access to information in far quicker ways. Once a resource has been found, they can quickly search the entire document by typing in a key word, rather than having to look in a book's index. Mathematical calculations can also be performed on special programs, while graphs can be plotted instantl
With advances in technology, student study habits have dramatically changed. Technology has affected the way teachers present information; therefore, students are learning and studying differently. Gone are the days of slaving over books in the library and scribbling
* Studying has become far more flexible, meaning students can choose to learn and present information in their own ways. Those who prefer visual learning can choose to watch documentaries or tutorials on the Internet, while others can download books to read. Many college courses now offer online labs as part of the course work, so students can study writing, reading and math principles at home at any hour of the day or night.
* Although it’s easier to access more information, it’s also easier to become distracted from work when using technology, an affliction known as DAD (divided attention disorder). With the temptation to check bank balances, speak to someone on a smart phone or download a song available at the click of a button, many students have trouble finishing essays or doing some important reading.
Modern technology is the use of machines to make life better. For example, the improvement of communication. It can be done via mail, phone fax and many...