Assessment – BSB51407 – Procurement
Please complete the following activities and hand in to your trainer for review. This forms part of your assessment.
I declare that no part of this assessment has been copied from another person’s work with the exception of where I have listed or referenced documents or work ...view middle of the document...
You have to ensure that the training manuals can be printed in-house.
• How would you determine how much paper you required to print off all of the training manuals?
• What documents and records would you use to assist you in making the decision?
• What else would you do to help you make the decision?
• What would be the consequences if you ordered too little paper, ran out of toner? What about if you ordered too much?
Reflection: Planning procurement
• How do you plan when to acquire products and services needed to complete project activities?
• Who is involved in deciding when products and services are ordered?
• What documents do you refer to when deciding on when to order products or services?
• What are the effects of a product or service arriving early? What about if they arrive late?
Reflection: Market analysis
Delegate to a project team member responsibility for conducting a market analysis for a product or service that you need in a project you are currently working on. Ask them to conduct any necessary research and to source at least three potential suppliers. After they have prevented you with a list of suppliers, conduct a critique of how well they performed this task.
List the product or service that was being sourced here.
• How well did the project team member conduct the supplier analysis?
• Were there any gaps in their analysis? If so, please list them below.
• How could the project team member have performed the analysis better?
Reflection: Planning to procure
Describe the methods used to procure the products and services you acquired in a project you are currently working on.
• What documents did you prepare to distribute to prospective sellers?
• What type of contract was selected?
• Why was this type of contract selected?
• What policies and procedures within your organization did you use to assist in planning how products and services would be procured?
Reflection: Contracting and procurement responsibilities
For a project you are currently managing, make a list of your project team members and the responsibilities you have allocated to them.
Project Team Member Responsibilities
Are you happy with how you have allocated responsibilities within your team? If not, what responsibilities would you redistribute amongst the team?
Reflection: Contract administration planning
For a project you are currently managing, describe the steps you took to plan the contract administration process.
• What are the key performance indicators that your project team developed for the contract?
• What process did you develop to review the contractor’s performance throughout the contract?
• What types of reports are required in administering the contract?
• Who was involved in the contract administration planning process from your project team?
Reflection: Planning for review
• For a contract you are currently managing, what aspects of a contractor’s performance do you plan to...