Impact Of Globalization On Bangladesh
Globalization has become a buzzword in the new era of international relations. Basically it is a process of expanding trade and commerce all over the world by creating a frontier-less market. But now it has had a far-reaching effect on many aspects of life. With the development of hi-tech communication media and rapid transportation facilities, the hole world has squeezed and people have come closer to one another. Now we can learn in an instant what is happening in the farthest corner of the globe. In fact, globalization is currently understood mainly in terms of mutual relationship of nations and region of economic domain, in particular, trade, ...view middle of the document...
• Impact On Modern Technology : Globalization is now largely based on a strong technological foundation. The electronic transfer of information via the internet has now created an instantaneous and inter-connected world of information resulting in a 24-hour trading network. This technology has largely changed banking and financial activities. Worldwide money transfer and transaction of businesses have now become a matter of clicking the mouse of a computer. Some products like software and TV schedules are also amenable to digital of electronic transmission. We can now buy and sell goods through the electronic screen. Globalization is now only what technology makes possible.
• Impact On Politics : After the fall of Soviet Union Communism fell down and the east -west conflict was resolved. Moscow was no mote rival to Washington. Each and every country turned into competitive economic market. The wave of globalization has also touched our politics. We can learn the democratic norms and values now. Bangladesh has got the taste of democracy.
• Impact On Sports And Recreation : Sports play an important role in the development of international relationship. Many international sporting events are organized from time to time. These events are telecast worldwide by satellite and people all over the world watch them live. The sports venue becomes a meeting place of people from different countries. They come closer to each other, sharing views, opinions and friendship. Bangladesh is also the beneficiary of this opportunity.
• Impact On Education : Like other developing countries of the world, Bangladesh has identified education as the key to prosperity and progress. Donor countries are contributing to the progress of our literacy rate and overall education. Various international organizations have responded dramatically with their generous aid in education sector. Many non-formal schools are being run. Meritorious students are availing themselves of the foreign study scholarship.
• Impact On Our Culture : Although globalization is mainly connected with business, trade and international relations, it is no longer viewed from that perspective alone. The tide of globalization is now encroaching into other spheres too. Satellite Television channels and...