Section 1 – Know the employment rights and responsibilities of the employee and employer
1. Identify four main points that would be included in a contract of employment. If possible, use an example contract to support your answer (feel free to obscure any confidential information).
Employers and Employees name
Date the employment started
Employees job description and responsibility
Hours of work per week
2a) List three key points of legislation that affect employers in a business environment.
Pay and pensions
Health and safety
2b) List three key points of legislation that affect employees in a business environment.
Pay and Pensions
Employment rights ...view middle of the document...
Employers should treat people fairly and equally.
Employers should also give people the same amount of benefits for equal roles
Employees should treat other employees with respect but also tell the manager of any concerns they may have about fellow employees.
Employees should work as expected to their ability and follow rules of employment in the workplace.
6. Briefly explain the benefits of making sure equality and diversity procedures are followed in a business environment. Your answer should include one benefit for the employer, one benefit for the employee and one benefit for the overall organisation.
When employees follow equality and diversity procedures then it is a safe and fair working environment for all which can also be fun.
The employers also benefit from meeting deadlines, and having people progress internally and stay within the company.
Section 2 – Understand the purpose of health, safety and security procedures in a business environment
1. Identify employer and employee responsibilities for health, safety and security.
If possible, provide relevant health, safety and security policies / documents from your workplace (or place of study) to support your answer. These documents should be annotated to highlight the relevant sections.
2. Explain the purpose of following health, safety and security procedures in a business environment.
3. Describe three different ways of maintaining a safe and secure business environment.
Section 3 – Understand how to communicate effectively with others
1. Complete the table below with descriptions of different methods of communication. You should include two verbal, two non-verbal and two written methods of communication.
Methods of communication Description
Verbal communication 1.
Non-verbal communication 1.
Written communication 1.
2. Using two specific examples, explain how to choose the most appropriate method of communication to meet your needs and the needs of others.
3. Describe at least two ways of actively listening.
Section 4 – Understand how to work with and support colleagues
1. Explain the purpose of...