OPSEC Practical Exercise
1. The U.S. believes the Soviets first became aware of the Stealth fighter program and the signals intelligence satellite program by exploiting freely available information. What type of intelligence(s) functions did they use?
Answer: Open Source Intelligence (OSINT).
2. At the beginning of the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq and present, we (the U.S.) used what type of intelligence function for targeting, mapping, and regional monitoring on the battlefield?
Answer: Imagery Intelligence (IMINT).
3. What type of intelligence functions include overt, sensitive, and clandestine activities and the individuals who exploit, control, supervise, or support these ...view middle of the document...
This unit is displaying which OPSEC indictor?
Answer: A profile.
8. Your analyst knows that the ground support equipment (GSE) used is for fixed-wing transport aircraft. The analyst also knows that the length and composition of the landing strip will only support transport aircraft as large as a C-130. Additionally, North Korea is the only country to uses this field in the last two years. Your analyst would likely take the GSE indicator and associate it with the previous information, and conclude that large refueling aircraft are operating in the area. This unit is displaying which OPSEC indictor?
Answer: An association.
9. You identify a profile of what appears to be an enemy infantry unit, but observes indicators that do not fit that standard profile. Your intelligence analyst told you to focuses on the collection efforts and observes more indicators. After comparing these indicators to the “profiles” database reveals that there are units there that fit the “profile” for enemy Special Force Units. This unit is displaying which OPSEC indictor?
Answer: A contrast.
10. Your thermal-imaging satellite detects an infrared heat exhaust emission at an airfield on the Iran border. Analysis of the emissions indicates it is a GSE unit used for a medium or large fixed-wing transport aircraft. Your analysts have identified different emissions from GSE and identified...