Whole Foods Market
Spring Semester 2012
Since 1980, Whole Foods Market has pioneered the organic and natural foods movement. All products meet Whole Foods Market’s strict quality standards to ensure they are free of artificial additives, sweeteners, colorings, preservatives and hydrogenated fats. Whole Foods market was founded in 1978 and is based in Austin, Texas. Founder and chairman of this company is John Mackey. The company has also some subsidiaries companies Allegro Coffee company, Pigeon Cove, Seafood processing facility, Select Fish, West Coast seafood processing facility and Produce Field Inspection Office.
Their ability to instill a clear sense of interdependence among various stakeholders is contingent upon their efforts to communicate more often , more openly, and more compassionately. Better communication equals better understanding and more trust.
The objectives of Whole Foods Market is to branch out in becoming an international brand synonymous with not just natural and organic foods, but also with being the best food retailer in every community in which they are located. Whole Foods Market believes that all shoppers, not just natural and organic food shoppers, appreciate great produce, dairy, meat, seafood, bakery and prepared foods. It is their business and functional objective to provide good customer service in addition to the products they offer to give their customers a complete satisfactory experience shopping their stores. And last is to increase their revenue.
Business strategy of Whole Foods Market
* To focuses on differentiation
* To increase marketing and goodwill to grow comparable store sales
* Look for ways to decrease upstream supply costs
* Continue long-run expansion
Whole food market should look after the weaknesses that the other companies have and try to correct these things in their own company.
A board of directors
* Dr. John B. Elstrott, Chairman of the Board, has served as a director of the Company since 1995.
* John P. Mackey, co-founder of the Company, has served as Chief Executive Officer since 1980.
* Walter Robb, Co-CEO, joined Whole Foods Market in 1991.
* Gabrielle E. Greene has served as a director of the Company since 2003.
* Hass Hassan has served as a director of the Company since 2005.
* Stephanie Kugelman has served as a director of the Company since December 2008.
* Blake Nordstrom has served as a director of the Company since 2011.
* Jonathan A. Seiffer has been a Partner of Leonard Green & Partners, L.P. since 1999
* Morris J. Siegel has served as a director of the Company since 2003.
* Jonathan D. Sokoloff has been a Managing Partner of Leonard Green & Partners, L.P. since 1994
* Dr. Ralph Z. Sorenson has served as a director of the Company since 1994.
* William A. (Kip) Tindell, III has served as a director of the Company since December 2008.
* On may the SEC intervened, now whole foods will have to wait another month to finish its acquisition of boulder based competitor Wild oats because federal regulators are taking an unexpectedly lengthy look at the deal.
* People are looking for something better
* People are looking for meaning and value in their lives(because in today’s world farming seems to be a step back from our technologically advanced society)
* Food is part of the foundation of culture and...